Pre-Primary MethodologyIn St.Andrews the objective of pre- primary is to facilitate learning by creating ,nurturing and stimulating environment for them to learn joyfully.
Teaching pedagogy is child centric and activity oriented by using numerous teaching aids:-
Power point, flash cards, pictures, puppets, actual objects, story telling, dramatization and role play. Our teaching method is based on play way/Montessori method with international curriculum for the global citizens of the future.
Children at this stage
- Identify self by specific abilities, characteristics and preferences (e.g., by gender, age, as part of a family, friends, colours, food etc.) develop a sense of balance and physical coordination through play.
- Learn language through activities like role play, storytelling, poetry recitation, singing and reading age appropriate and level based books.
- Understand to analyse their actions as right or wrong.
- Learn to be friends with children from diverse backgrounds, celebrate various festivals, sing and dance together.
- Learn to live in harmony with their environment, make observations, enquire and ask questions – what, how & why.
- Relate a numeral to its respective quantity, associate value to a number and identify shapes by names: Curved and straight lines, circle, square, triangle and understand spatial relationships.
- Learn to manage their feelings and emotions and learn appropriate behaviour.
- Demonstrate the ability to begin to assume responsibility for their own safety within their environment.